The Academic Board of the LMU Munich defines the requirements and contact hours for successful completion of the courses as follows:
- regular attendance (Zoom sessions)
- preparation for and active participation during Zoom sessions
- self study and homework assignments
- written assignments
- presentations (optional)
European Studies - Intensive
July 13 - July 31
6ECTS credits / 60 contact hours
* One contact/class hour comprises 45 minutes.
Every student will receive an official transcript after the successful completion of all program requirements. The transcript will show the course name and contact hours, the number of acquired credits as well as the achieved grades.
Most international colleges and universities accept credits from the MISU LMU. However, each institution has its own policy regarding credit acceptance from other institutions. We strongly recommend that students consult their academic advisor and/or professor to receive credit transfer approval before applying to the MISU Summer Academy. Students who would like to transfer credits to their home universities should print out all documents contact the professor or study abroad advisor and ask for credit and grade approval.
Grades are defined by the Academic Board of the LMU Munich according to the general grading system of the LMU.
Please note: Extra credit is not available for this course.
Passing grades are 1,00 to 4,00
- < 1,00 = exceptional
- 1,00 – 1,50 = very good (sehr gut)
- 1,51 – 2,50 = good (gut)
- 2,51 – 3,50 = satisfactory (befriedigend)
- 3,51 – 4,00 = sufficient (ausreichend)
- 4,00 deficient (mangelhaft)
- NG - Not graded
There are different grading procedures depending on which Parts were chosen by participants:
European Studies Intensive.:
- 40 % = active Participation in class and soft skills
- 60 % = essay (3500 word essay; deadline: 15 September)