The LMU offers accommodation
to the participants in student residential halls
of the Studentenwerk München.
Arrival from Vienna
- August 2
- European Studies - Intensive:
August 18 (25 at the latest)
- European Studies with German Language Class:
The participants will reside in one of the LMU student residence “Olympisches Dorf”. The student housing facility is located only a few stations away from the classroom and city center.
About the rooms:
- Each student will have their own private apartment or bungalow with a small kitchen and bathroom (WC + shower).
- The rooms are equipped with bedding (sheets and blankets) which can be washed at one of the laundry rooms in the building.
- If you need kitchen utensils you need to bring them from Vienna where a set of utensils was handed to you.
- Internet access is available via Ethernet (LAN) cable. The cable is not provided. Please bring our own.
Please note that student residences are geared towards student needs and financial means. As such do not expect facilities to meet claims on luxury comfort and on pools.
Students with health impairment are kindly asked to inform us in the application process.
During your stay you will be responsible to provide your own meals. You should count on spending approximately 15,00 € per day on food. During the week lunch can be purchased at one of the university’s canteens for 3,00 - 7,00 €.
During their stay students may use the public transportation in Munich. We recommend a monthly pass called 'Isarcard'.
It is highly recommended to buy the tickets after arriving in Munich, because the price depends on where you live.
For general information about the public transportation system please vistit the website of the Munich public transportation authority "Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund GmbH (MVV)".